How To Change Your Age On Tiktok
New TikTok age restrictions 2021
There are 2 ways to change one’s age on TikTok, but they haven’t made it especially easy. They want users to be honest about their age if they’re younger than 13 since it’s their policy.
This happened not too long ago. On January 13, 2021, TikTok made all accounts made between the age of 13-16 private by default. This happened right after they banned many underage accounts.
The best thing you can do if you want to change your birthday is to talk to support team.
Contact TikTok about age change.
Following the mass bans, a lot of people who were legally allowed on TikTok found themselves banned too. They later responded with advice for users trying to find out if they were banned too.
In order to report a problem, you can do that from inside the app, or if you don’t have access then email [email protected] with proof of age. This need is your official identification like a passport, driver’s license or birth certificate.
How to Change Your Age on TikTok
When you sign up for TikTok, your birthday date is automatically set. The app now lets you change your username & profile pic easily but there’s no way to change your actual “birthday” which is the date appearing on the top of the page.
The age you want to change on TikTok can be changed by opening their contact form on tiktok.com. This article will give you the steps to do so
- Open the TikTok app and then tap on Me in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the three dots in the right corner of your username.
- Tap Report a problem under support section.
- Tap Account and Profile.
- Tap Editing Profile.
- Tap Other.
- Then, Tap Still have a problem.
- In the provided field, type something along the lines of “My birthday is about a week off from my current date on my account. I can share some ID to prove that this is my correct birthday.” and tap ReportDon’t attach any photos of your ID in this step.
- You’ll soon get an email from TikTok support and they’ll ask for a photo of your government ID by the email address associated with your account. Their goal is to prove that you’re old enough to be able to use the app. After you send them your TikTok birthday, they will update it with the new date – hopefully.
Why can’t I change my birthday on TikTok?
TikTok has given less than 16 year old users the option to disable parts of their account that might be inappropriate for younger people. A lot of younger TikTok users were changing their age to get extra features, so the option has been disabled.
One disadvantage of this upgrade was that many adult users who raced through the signup procedure and provided a phony birthdate throughout the process discovered that TikTok restricted their app use despite the fact that they were far beyond the minimum age threshold for some features.